About the Group and What to Expect:
No chatbots here! We’re officially known as moderators and we get that this conjures images of button pushing automatons, but the group is managed by four volunteer admin human beings. Each of us have day jobs and/or additional volunteering roles outside of the Facebook group. We endeavour to run the group as a positive, spam free and helpful place for the community to share local news and information. Please help us to keep it that way by:
- Submitting no more than one business related post within a calendar month (this includes business related events).
- Keeping your posts brief and to the point – creating a poster can help with this *see below for more info.
- Allowing time for the post to be read and approved.
- Not submitting repetitive posts – for events, one post and one reminder would usually suffice – don’t forget you can also give updates by commenting on the original post.
- Not submitting posts relating to personal/private grievances and/or disputes.
- Agreeing to the group rules – if you haven’t confirmed that you agree to the group rules, please don’t be offended if your post is not published.
Here’s a reminder of the group rules:
- Be kind and courteous
We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required. Posts and comments that include profanities will not be published/will be removed.
- No hate speech or bullying
All members should feel safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
- Limited business promotions and no spam
Try to give more to this group than you take. Occasional (ie once per calendar month) local business promotion is permitted but continual promotion will be rejected. Spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed.
- Respect everyone’s privacy
Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group.
The Castle Facebook Group Team
* Creating an informative poster for your event/club/group is a great way to engage with your audience. You don’t need experience or a graphic design degree – simply use one of the free platforms such as Canva or Snappa etc.