St Garmon’s Church is part of the Church in Wales and nestles in the heart of the village of Castle Caereinion behind the Red Lion public house.
“A church is known to have existed on this site since 1254, although the present Church of St Garmon is probably the third. It was built in 1866 in the Early English perpendicular gothic style and consists of a nave, chancel, vestry, porch and tower with broach-spire. It is constructed from squared green rubble stone with limestone dressings under a slate roof.” – Church Heritage Cymru
Please note that details may differ to those published below due to Covid 19 restrictions
Opening Times & Services
The church is open daily during the summer and when weather permits at other times.
Regular monthly Services:
- 2nd and 4th Sundays HOLY COMMUNION at 9.30
- 1st Sunday FAMILY SERVICE at 10.30. A shorter service with a talks and hymns. Suitable for all the family.
Rector: Revd. Stephen Willson
Church Wardens: Richard Oke and Colin Pengelly
We look forward to welcoming you to our church and services.