Castle Caereinion Community
This Privacy Notice relates to www.castlecaereinion.org.uk.
The following Privacy Notices relate to the Castle Caereinion Community Website and the Castle Caereinion Community Council respectively:
1. Website –
The Type of Information We Collect:
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; e-mail address; computer and connection information. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, communications), comments and feedback.
How We Collect Information:
When you contact us via the contact form we collect your personal information, such as your name and email address.
Why We Collect Information:
We collect the above information for the following purposes;
- To provide and operate a community services;
- To provide our Visitors with assistance;
- To be able to contact our Visitors with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
- To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How We Store, Use, Share And Disclose Your Personal Information:
Data will be stored securely. When it is stored electronically, it will be kept in password protected platforms. When it is stored online in a third-party website (e.g. Google Drive) we will ensure the third party comply with the GDPR.
We may share your data with third parties, such as when you request to contact one of the community groups or volunteer groups published on our website.
We ask third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. The third parties mentioned above are also responsible for your data and you should review their own privacy policies where applicable.
Third Party Links:
Social Media Features: Our Services may include certain Social Media features “Facebook Like”, or “Share this” button or other interactive mini-programs (“Social Media Features”). These Social Media Features may collect certain Personal Information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our Website and may set a cookie to enable them to function properly. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these third parties’ Social Media Features are governed by their policies and not ours.
How We Communicate With You:
We may contact you via the email provided on the contact form in order to assist you with your enquiry or request.
How To Withdraw Your Consent:
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at email@example.com
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a small text files that are stored in your web browser that allows Castle Caereinion Community or a third party to recognise you. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites, including on Castle Caereinion Community website.
When using the website the following information may be collected:
- Contact information including name, email address.
- IP address and browser data
What Are Cookies Used For?
- Cookies might be used for the following purposes:
- To enable certain functions
- To provide analytics
- To store your preferences
- To enable ad delivery and behavioural advertising
What we do with the information:
Necessary – Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Non-Necessary – Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory for us to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on our website.
What Are Your Cookie Options?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
2.Castle Caereinion Community Council – Councillors & Contact
Castle Caereinion Community Council has a data protection policy which is reviewed regularly. In order to help us uphold the policy, we have created the following procedures which outline ways in which we collect, store, use, amend, share, destroy and delete personal data.
These procedures cover the main, regular ways we collect and use personal data. We may from time to time collect and use data in ways not covered here. In these cases we will ensure our Data Protection Policy is upheld.
- Data will be stored securely. When it is stored electronically, it will be kept in password protected files. When it is stored online in a third party website (e.g. Google Drive) we will ensure the third party comply with the GDPR. When it is stored on paper it will be filed carefully in a locked filing cabinet.
- When we no longer need data, twelve months after a case is closed, or when someone has asked for their data to be deleted, it will be deleted securely. We will ensure that data is permanently deleted from computers, and that paper data is shredded.
- We will keep records of consent given for us to collect, use and store data. These records will be stored securely.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
- From time to time, individuals contact Castle Caereinion Community Council to ask us to help them resolve an issue they are having with the council, relating to their housing or other local services.
- We will request explicit, signed consent before sharing any personal details with the council or any other relevant third party.
- We will not keep information relating to an individual’s personal situation for any longer than is necessary for the purpose of providing them with the support they have requested.
- Personal data relating to housing issues will be stored securely by a member of the committee, and not shared among the rest of the committee or with other volunteers unless necessary for the purpose of providing the support requested.
- Details relating to individual’s circumstances and housing will be treated as strictly confidential.
- Local people volunteer for Castle Caereinion Community Council in a number of ways.
- We will maintain a list of contact details of our recent volunteers. We will share volunteering opportunities and requests for help with the people on this list.
- People will be removed from the list if they have not volunteered for the group for 12 months.
- When contacting people on this list, we will provide a privacy notice which explains why we have their information, what we are using it for, how long we will keep it, and that they can ask to have it deleted or amended at any time by contacting us.
- To allow volunteers to work together to organise for the group, it is sometimes necessary to share volunteer contact details with other volunteers. We will only do this with explicit consent.
Contacting Community Council members
- The Community Council need to be in contact with one another in order to run the organisation effectively and ensure its legal obligations are met.
- Community Council contact details may be shared among the Community Council.
- Community Council members will not share contact details with anyone outside of the Community Council or use them for anything other than Castle Caereinion Community Council, without explicit consent.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
The Castle Caereinion Community Website Privacy Notice, policy and procedures will be reviewed regularly.
Last review 15 February 2021